A Topper® Sail folded from new in a sail bag. Topper® part number W60/RBF/SE Official Topper 5.3 Racing Sail - Red / White / Blue in colour
The Combo Deal comes complete with:
- Teflon® Coated Telltales (3 green and 3 red) - Where to stick your Telltales? - See HERE
- 230mm Digital '8' Sail Number (BLACK) Main Sail Numbers (10)
- 230mm Digital '8' Sail Number (WHITE) Championship Numbers (6)
This sail is the 'new design' to the 5.3 Topper Sail (Late 2019)
The latest design of Topper 5.3 sail (from 21st Sept 2020 manufacture) has:
- No sail head cringle. (See web image of actual sail).
- A different sail material is now used.
- The design/cut is different at the head of the sail.
- The luff tube is now tapered
If you have the old style mast top fitting for the halyard loop you will need to change to the Topper E11 Mast Head fitting.
Advantages of the webbing version:
1) No more breaking mast cranes ruining your race results.
2) The sail sits perfectly at the top.
Please NOTE that due to Topper® Class rules changes (July 2019) all Topper® sail numbers must be BLACK and the DIGITAL style.
Rule "G.4.2.2 c) Topper sail number shall be black digital eights. As a general rule sail elements shall be a minimum of 45mm apart and a maximum of 55mm apart."
For a list of complete rule changes (July 2019) please see link HERE
Unfortunately the Rooster Sail Numbers service is NOT available for digital eight numbers and characters.
How to apply the sail numbers? Please see this link HERE
Topper® is a registered trademark of Ian Proctor Designs Limited.