- Delivery & Returns
- Size Chart
The Rooster Carbon Tiller Extension - 1.25m long and available in a number of different section diameters......
- 19mm diameter - We added this size to our range to give more room in your hand to hold the sheet.
- 22mm diameter - The most popular and strongest section, used by Ben Ainslie in his Finn.
- 25mm diameter - Used by Ben Ainslie in his Laser® to win the Olympics.
The length quoted of the tiller is measured from the end of the carbon tube to the end of the Rooster red rubber stopper. (Length of the carbon tube). This extension comes complete with a RWO Omniflex rubber universal joint. This joint is easily replaced if you have a different fitting on your tiller - click here for other manufacturer joints available to buy separately. The length quoted of the tiller is measured from the end of the carbon tube to the end of the Rooster red rubber stopper. (Length of the carbon tube).
Steve has used this tiller length successfully with the Laser 2000 -see https://www.roostersailing.com/blogs/tuning-guide/why-2000s-are-so-popular and also the RS200, but the length used was 1.18m.
It is very easy to cut down to 1.18m. One screw is removed from the UJ end, a drill and 1.5mm drill bit and a sharp hacksaw is needed to cut the tube. Takes approx. 10 mins. See also:
Once the screw is removed from the tiller tube UJ end, pull out the inner sleeve. Now with masking tape, mark where you would like the new length of tiller to be, and using a hacksaw (with a sharp blade) cut the tube to length. Drill a new pilot hole in the carbon tube to hold the inner sleeve (suggest use a 1.5mm drill bit and using the same measurement, follow the same distance from the end of the piece you have just cut off as a guide) and then replace the UJ and inner sleeve and tighten down the small screw.
Laser® is a registered trademark owned by Velum Limited and currently licensed for use in Europe to Laser Performance (Europe) Limited. Rooster Sailing Limited is fully independent of both Laser Performance (Europe) Limited and Velum Limited.
Delivery & Returns
- NWNick W.Verified ReviewerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoBest Tiller Extension on the Market
It is reliable, with a thin grip allowing for accurate control of steering. Stopper makes for an easy grip when hiking hard upwind. Pretty lightweight too. The 19mm diameter is a great option for sailors with smaller hands.
- SDScott D.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars10 months ago19mm Carbon Extension
Taking sometime to get used but I think it is superior to the larger diameters. Makes sheeting in faster and easier with more room in your palms.
- RRickVerified ReviewerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoThey Last
I recently bought a MK1 Supernova with one of these tiller extensions fitted and although the boat is well used, the extension is perfect. I slip about the boat a bit in the wet at the moment (new class to me) and have landed my 79 kg dead in the middle of the extension a couple of times without snapping it so it appears that they retain strength even as they age - like fine wine!
- CBCharles B.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoBest tiller extension.
The red knob is visible as a coach and provides solid grip to the sailor. When paired with the Rooster carbon tiller it provides an important upgrade to your ILCA.
- RCRichard C.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoReplacement tiller extension
Excellent like for like replacement for stolen item. Excellent product. Robust feel and Improved grip.