- Delivery & Returns
- Size Chart
This is the Rooster devised 6:1 cunningham system using Harken blocks and fits straight onto the ´old style´ deck fittings or the ´new´ deck cleat and block system.
This simple system is made up of 3 ropes pre-cut and spliced to the correct lengths and 2 no. Harken blocks.
Ropes (Blue for the Cunningham Control)
- The Control Line - A 4mm rope used to adjust / cleat the cunningham control.
- The Lower Tang Line - A Dyneena short rope, with a large spliced loop that slides up around the bottom of a typical Laser standard or radial mast section.
- The Primary Line - A Dyneena rope with 2 no. pre-made spliced loops at each end.
Blocks (2 no.)
- The block with the becket is used at the top of the 6:1 control system.
- The block without the becket is used at the bottom of the 6:1 control system.
Attach the non-becket block to Lower Tang Line with a double knot as shown below:
Slide the Lower Tang Line over the bottom of the Laser mast.
Attached the Primary Line using a 'cow hitch' to the becket block as shown below, and then pass the other end though the Laser sail tack eye, and then back to either the mast tang fitting (see below photo as an example) or attach it to the top of the Harken kicker celvis top pin.
Using the Control Line rope, double knot one end to the top of the becket block, and then pass it through the lower block, back to the top block and then back to the existing Laser deck block, and then finally to the deck cleat. Adjust to suit.
Laser® is a registered trademark owned by Velum Limited and currently licensed for use in Europe to Laser Performance (Europe) Limited. Rooster Sailing Limited is fully independent of both Laser Performance (Europe) Limited and Velum Limited.
Delivery & Returns
- EAEdward A.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 4 out of 5 stars1 year agoCunningham.system
Works well bit would be better if supplied with a drop nose clip to.secure it to the vang