Innovative Race Functions with Bold New Styling. This quality, reliable sailing watch is available in 3 distinctive strap colours.
Ronstan’s ClearStart™ race timer and watches combine contemporary styling with true sailing functionality. They feature large buttons, easy to read displays and advanced intuitive programming designed specifically with the racing sailor in mind. Developed with input from some of the world’s top sailors, ClearStart™ watches and timers are sure to set the standard for years to come. If you’re looking for a simple competitive edge, the difference is ClearStart™.
Specialist RACE MODE Features including:
- Multiple Start Sequence options - World Sailing 5,4,1,0, Match Racing, User Set.
- SYNChronisation function - resynchronise if you start the count down early or late
- Multi-line display - Start Sequences + Time
- Loud intuitive count down and start sound signals
- Count down repeat or count down and up options (for elapsed race time).
- Separate fast access Race and Time mode scrolling
- Water resistant to 5 ATM (50m/150ft)
- STANDARD Features including:
- Time, hours/minutes/seconds - 12 or 24hr format
- Month/Day or Day/Month format
- Daily alarm
- Chronograph - Including hours and time of the day
- Luminescent backlight
- Battery saving mode - light can be turned off
- Shock resistant
- Durable ultra-clear mineral crystal lens
- Comfortable and secure silicon band
- Glass Fibre Reinforced case
- 50mm (2") diameter face
- Oversized 13mm (1/2") digit display
- Textured easy-find buttons
- Stainless steel buckle with silicon band retainer
- Stainless steel back
The RONSTAN CLEARSTART SAILING WATCH - 50MM user manual can be found here as a download.
How to change the battery on the Ronstan ‘Clearstart’ 50mm watch
Please note this is done at the users own risk, if you are not comfortable changing the battery, please take the watch to a qualified watch maker.
• 1.5mm cross headed screwdriver
• Small tweezers
• A new battery CR2032
1. Note on the back the 4 no. small cross headed screws that hold the backplate. Also note the orientation of the back plate to the watch.
2. Remove the 4 no. screws and pick out the metal back plate and place to one side.
3. Note that a very thin rubber gasket will be attached to the back plate in a small grove when the back plate is removed. Keep this rubber gasket in place.
4. A white sticker will cover the battery top cover. Do not remove this, but remove the small crossed headed screw as shown by the arrow / text on the sticker and remove from the hole the screw with the use of the tweezers. Note: this screw is smaller than the cover screws.
5. Lift with the tweezers the battery top cover to revel the small CR2032 battery.
6. Pull out the battery and note the orientation of the battery positive side + up.
7. Replace the battery + side up
8. Replace the battery cover and relocate the small battery retaining screw and tighten.
9. Replace the back plate cover complete with rubber gasket and re-attach with the 4 no. small screws and tighten.
10. The watch will now be showing the factory reset 12:00 time and the date will be reset to 2013.
11. Follow the manufactures instructions to reset the time and date.