- Delivery & Returns
- Size Chart
Europe Winner Gelcoat. - 50ml tin - OEM gelcoat to make small repairs to your Europe dinghy.
YOU WILL NEED A 2% MIX OF POLYESTER CATALYST TO ENABLE THE GELCOAT TO HARDEN (PURCHASED SEPARATELY) - SEE RELATED ITEMS.
NOTE : Gelcoat can only be shipped to the UK and mainland Europe regions.
Gelcoat tin (50ml) Ideal for scratches, dings and small repairs. You will need a 2% mix of polyester catalyst to enable the gelcoat to harden (purchased separately) - see related items.
The gelcoat has small amount (2%) of styrene wax additive added. The wax additive is used in order to cure the gelcoat, and creates an air barrier so the resin can cure to a tack-free state ready for wet sanding and finishing.
How to repair small damage?
1. The area of damage should be thoroughly cleaned. Loose particles should be scraped or sanded down. Minor damage or scratches need only to be cleaned with acetone.
2. Mask up using masking tape the area, and apply an appropriate amount of gelcoat in the original colour of the boat, should be mixed with 1-2.5% peroxide/hardner. Minimum temperature whilst filling, + 13C
3. Apply gelcoat with a flexible plastic tool and allow to cure for 4-8 hours (depending on temperature).
4. Rub down repaired areas tightly with 120 or 220 grit wet and dry paper, until all uneveness is removed. Finish by lightly sanding with 1000 grade wet sandpaper or a finer grade.
5. If necessary, apply further quantities of gelcoat several times before finishing off with 1000 grade wet sandpaper.
6. Avoid sanding outside of the damaged area (using masking tape again to protect the existing gelcoat) as one can easily rub through the coloured surface to expose the uncoloured laminate beneath and therefore increase the area of damage.
7. After sanding down, polish to a mirror finish using a fine rubbing compound such as G3 and then G10 and apply a good polish to complete.
Materials Safety Data Sheet
The Materials Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for this product can be found at this Rooster Website page: Materials Safety Data Sheets – ROOSTER UK (roostersailing.com) (This is a complete library of all MSDS related to Rooster products).