- Delivery & Returns
- Size Chart
This is a pre-made Solo Inhaul Kit (as used on the current Rooster National Solo).
The kit consists of the following parts:
1 x Allen 15mm Thimble (ALLEN A..87-15 ALUMINIUM THIMBLE 15MM X 6MM) - Note: Thimble colour my vary.
1 x Length of 0.5m Rooster Sailing Spectwelve rope spliced to the above Thimble.
1 x Small size 3 stopper Note: Stopper colour my vary.
1 x 6mm Washer
1 x Pan head size 8 s/s self tapping, length is 25mm.
How to fit the inhaul kit?
1. Drill a small hole using a 2.5mm drill bit in the back of the mast track approx 20mm above the existing gooseneck fitting.
2. Hand start/screw the pan head screw and the washer into the thick spliced part of the rope just below the thimble. (Approx 5mm)
3. Now drop the end of the rope into the mast tack and thread the rope so it drops out below the gooseneck fitting.
4. Screw the rope/thimble and s/s screw assembly into the small mast track hole you have just drilled
5. Pull tight the rope and attach the stopper to the end of the rope as close as possible to the gooseneck fitting and use a double knot to prevent the stopper from pulling through under load.
6. The stopper can be used (if required), to fix off the cunningham/downhaul adjustment rope if your downhaul has a splice loop at the end of it.
7. Cut off the excess rope and seal once you have tied a suitable knot for the stopper.
How to rig the inhaul?
The inhaul control line then comes up from the mast step area, via the above thimble through the tack of the sail eye, and the around the front of the mast, and then at the end of the rope tie a knot, and then slide that knot down the back of the sail track to anchor it. - See photo 3